Join the team!
At Nym, some of the smartest, most talented individuals are shaping the future of healthcare. You can be one of them.
We offer a fast-paced startup experience in a fun and flexible work environment. Join a versatile team of big thinkers that is reshaping the field of natural language understanding in healthcare. As our HQ is located in NYC and our R&D office in the heart of Tel Aviv, great food and entertainment are right outside the office.
We’re looking for experienced Computational Linguists, Physicians, Algorithm Developers, Data Science Engineers, Healthcare Information Management Experts and Healthcare IT Account Executives.
Experienced Facility Coder
About The Position
At Nym, we’re passionate about using technology and data to enable a deeper understanding of patients and reduce friction in the healthcare system.
We build AI that understands and autonomously codes medical information in real time. Nym combines computational linguistics and medical expertise to significantly improve the speed and accuracy of medical billing. Nym’s engine transforms the free text in medical records into high-quality medical billing codes in a matter of seconds. Our autonomous medical coding technology delivers 98 percent accuracy, compared to the less-than-80 percent industry average for human coders.
Our solution for revenue cycle management (RCM) is meaningfully reducing insurance denial rates and operational costs for more than 40 healthcare providers across the country.
We believe in a future where clinical information can be readily used to reduce healthcare costs, improve the clinician experience and drive better patient outcomes. Nym is backed by top-tier VCs and growing rapidly, with offices in NYC and Tel Aviv. Come join us!
Nym is looking for an Experienced Facility Coder who will be part of Nym’s Coding Compliance Team, reporting to Paul Wojnar, Coding Compliance Officer. As part of the role you will be expected to:
- Meet or exceed a 95% accuracy rate and production standards in various facility coding assignments for coding emergency room records including all note types and ancillary records.
- Abstract data from clinical documentation and apply the appropriate CPT/HCPCS codes and modifiers in addition to all documented ICD-10-CM codes to their highest level of specificity in the proper sequence.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise in ICD-10-CM and CPT/HCPCS coding rules, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third-party requirements regarding documentation and billing
- Serve as a ‘source of truth’ – Expert focal point for Product and RND group with clinical testing & validation through development and product implementation at Nym’s customers.
- Raise trends and topics for education and feedback to Nym’s medical functions.
- Auditing Emergency Department charts for facility coding quality and accuracy.
- Providing feedback regarding the application of coding guidelines, practices, quality, and charge capture.
- Performs audits based on coding conventions and guidelines to ensure coding accuracy and quality.
- Prepares and presents reports for coding audits directly to the Chief Medical Information Officer, Coding Compliance Officer, and others.
- Analyze coded data to identify areas of risk and provide suggestions to improve the Nym Autonomous Coding Engine.
- Assists in the creation of policies and procedures to support improvement of coding quality and accuracy.
- Interacts with technical personnel, linguists, and physician reviewers to resolve coding issues and questions with current guidelines and peer-reviewed references.
- Keeps a current education and understanding of coding principles and guidelines as they are updated; assists the team in monitoring current industry trends for potential impacts to the coding workflow.
- At least 3+ years as an Emergency Department Facility coder
- A minimum of one of the following certifications is required and must be maintained: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) , Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), Certified Emergency Department Coder (CEDC), or Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- Experience with ACEP (American College of Emergency Physicians) guidelines is preferred.
- Facility coding auditing experience is a plus
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience working and communication in a global environment – Advantage.
- Accountable for his/her deliveries on time and with high quality
- Accuracy, detail oriented and thoroughness
- Execution and result oriented.
- Able to work in a global environment in a collaborative way
- In-depth knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding principles, CPT coding principles, and modifier assignment.