Nym is an autonomous medical coding technology provider that takes an innovative approach to revenue cycle management. Nym transforms revenue cycle management with direct-to-billing, fully autonomous, and transparent medical coding that reduces insurance denials and operational expenses, accelerates payment-cycles, and maximizes audit-readiness for healthcare providers.
We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of coding and billing processes and guidelines to help Nym expand its autonomous medical coding product and grow its Clinical Documentation Improvement product.
- Provide expert knowledge to the clinical product teams on current coding guidelines and standard coding workflows for both Facility and Professional Emergency Department Outpatient coding
- Research and stay abreast of emerging compliance issues, laws and regulations.
- Stays current with AHA Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines, CMS and other agency directives for ICD-10-CM and CPT coding.
- Understands, interprets and applies coding guidelines for coding audits.
- Audit charts as required
- Required certifications: CPC/COC and CRC
- 5+ years of experience in medical coding and auditing
- Fluency in all tasks completed by a medical coder today, including but not limited to: ICD-10-CM, CPT (including E&M) MIPS, and physician attribution for the ED Outpatient setting
- Full understanding of both Professional and Facility coding, including payer-specific, state-specific, and federal guidelines for the ED Outpatient setting. Knowledge of other worktypes is a plus.