Nym, an exciting and fast-growing healthcare technology startup,is looking for a medical coding and clinical documentation expert!
Nym is an autonomous medical coding technology provider that takes an innovative approach to revenue cycle management. Nym transforms revenue cycle management with direct-to-billing, fully autonomous, and transparent medical coding that reduces insurance denials and operational expenses, accelerates payment-cycles, and maximizes audit-readiness for healthcare providers.
We are looking for a team player with a deep understanding of coding and billing processes and guidelines to help Nym expand its autonomous medical coding product and grow its Clinical Documentation Improvement product.
- Provide expert knowledge to the Nym R&D and Product Teams on US coding guidelines and standard coding workflows for both Facility and Professional Emergency Department Outpatient coding
- Provide SME insight on Clinical Documentation Improvement requirements and workflows in the ED setting as Nym expands its CDI product offering
- Support the Sales and Customer Success teams in client conversations as needed for any coding or CDI specific topics
- Audit charts as required by the Nym R&D Team
- Required certifications: CPC/COC and CRC
- 5+ years of experience in medical coding and/or auditing
- Fluency in all tasks completed by a medical coder today, including but not limited to: ICD-10-CM, CPT (including E&M) MIPS, and physician attribution for the ED Outpatient setting
- Full understanding of both Professional and Facility coding, including all payer-specific, state-specific, and federal guidelines for the ED Outpatient setting. Knowledge of other worktypes is a plus.
- Knowledge of APC (Ambulatory Payment Classification)
- Experience coding HCPCS II
The position will be remote and can be full-time or part-time.