Join the team!
At Nym, some of the smartest, most talented individuals are shaping the future of healthcare. You can be one of them.
We offer a fast-paced startup experience in a fun and flexible work environment. Join a versatile team of big thinkers that is reshaping the field of natural language understanding in healthcare. As our HQ is located in Boston and our R&D office in the heart of Tel Aviv, great food and entertainment are right outside the office.
We’re looking for experienced Computational Linguists, Physicians, Algorithm Developers, Data Science Engineers, Healthcare Information Management Experts and Healthcare IT Account Executives.
About The Position
Nym is looking for an experienced Clinical Coder who will be part of Nym’s Coding Compliance Team, reporting to Paul Wojnar, Coding Compliance Officer. As part of the role you will be expected to:
- Meet defined coding accuracy and production standards and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of coding guidelines, medical terminology & urgent care and /or emergency procedures.
- Review and analyze the content of medical records to accurately assign ICD diagnosis procedure codes, CPT procedure codes, and modifiers to meet national coding guidelines.
- Serve as a ‘source of truth’ – Expert focal point for Product and RND group with clinical testing & validation through development and product implementation at Nym’s customers.
- Raise trends and topics for education and feedback to Nym’s medical functions.
- Auditing Emergency Department, Urgent Care, and other specialty charts for both facility and professional coding quality.
- Providing feedback regarding the application of coding guidelines, practices, quality, and charge capture.
- Performs audits based on coding conventions and guidelines to ensure coding accuracy and quality.
- Prepares and presents reports for coding audits directly to the Chief Medical Information Officer, Coding Compliance Officer, and others.
- Analyze coded data to identify areas of risk and provide suggestions to improve the Nym Autonomous Coding Engine.
- Assists in the creation of policies and procedures to support the improvement of coding quality and accuracy.
- Interacts with technical personnel, linguists, and physician reviewers to resolve coding issues and questions with current guidelines and peer-reviewed references.
- Keeps a current education and understanding of coding principles and guidelines as they are updated; assists the team in monitoring current industry trends for potential impacts to the coding workflow.
- At least 3+ years as an Emergency Department/Urgent Care coder in a hospital
- A minimum of one of the following certifications is required and must be maintained: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), Certified Emergency Department Coder (CEDC), or Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- Experience with ACEP (American College of Emergency Physicians) guidelines is preferred.
- Preferred living/working at Eastern Time Zone
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience working and communication in a global environment – Advantage.
- Accountable for his/her deliveries on time and with high quality
- Accuracy, detail-oriented and thoroughness
- Execution and result oriented
- Able to work in a global environment in a collaborative way
- In-depth knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding principles, CPT coding principles, and modifier assignment.